Saturday, July 14, 2012

Redesigning...well, EVERYTHING!

My title pretty much said it all...
Hey everyone! I redesigned my blog today and I am  LOVING it! (:

I have been designing my own blog for awhile just because it allows my blog to be unique and also and mainly because I love the designing process of it.

When I first started today, I had no idea what I wanted. But I knew I needed a makeover so bad.
I looked around a few blogs for inspiration. I was even thinking of getting a web designer to design my blog but I know it would be silly of me to spend a few hundreds on my blog and also, I had no idea what I wanted.

After looking around for awhile, I found this blog "My Life - My Loves" through a Pinterest board. And I immediately fell in love with it! I love the simplicity of it. The white background and simple yet beautiful header did the trick for me.

After I've found my inspiration, it only took me like an hour to pull it off.

The next and most important step for me is to find a colour combo. I knew I wanted to use the main photo from my Etsy listing.


It took me awhile to find the colours that go with pink. I was spending time on ColourLovers, going through all the palettes that include pale pink. And then, it hit me. DUH! I've always loved how black pops in designs. Black goes with every colour and it is so easy to read on pale/white background. So, I followed my instinct and ta-da..whipped up my blog header in a flash. (:

I also did the cover photo for my Facebook Page and banner for my Etsy Shop, using the same photo and my "colour combo".

I am so happy with what I've achieved today, so I had to share with you!
It normally took me about a week to create a blog design that I love, so yep, it was quite an achievement for me. (:

Leave a link in the comment section if you designed your own blog too! I'd love to see all the beautiful blogs.

Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment